RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON 4K Ultra HD And Blu-Ray Release Date Announced With Bonus Features Detailed
Raya and the Last Dragon will be available on digital platforms in April followed by a 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray release in May. Check out the full list of bonus features included.
For those still not ready to return to theaters amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and unwilling to pay the premiere access charge on Disney+ to watch Raya and the Last Dragon, you won't have to wait much longer for its home release. The latest feature film from Walt Disney Animation Studios will hit major digital platforms on April 2, followed by a 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD release on May 18.
The home release will come with the usual bevy of bonus features, including the short Us Again, which is playing ahead of the movie in theaters but not for those who rent it from Disney+. There will also be a special behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Us Again with director Zach Parrish.
Raya and the Last Dragon marks the first time that the film's artists had to finish working on the project remotely due to the pandemic. One of the special features will take a look at how some of the 450 animators that worked on the film "overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home."
Other bonus features include outtakes and deleted scenes, fun facts and easter eggs, and various specials dedicated to the Southeast Asia culture and stories. Here's the full breakdown of what to expect with the home release of Raya and the Last Dragon:
- An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
- Us Again – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
- Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team--virtually--over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of Raya and the Last Dragon moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – You’ll get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film...and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
- Deleted Scenes
Raya and the Last Dragon is currently playing in theaters and is available to rent on Disney+ for a $30 premiere access fee. In addition to the digital and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD release, Raya and the Last Dragon will eventually be available to watch for free on Disney+, but probably not until June at the earliest.